List of Important Headquarters of International Organizations
Important List of Headquarters and International Organisation :
Short Information : International organization have been formed with the aim of helping to set the international agenda, strengthen political relationship, providing a place for developmental initiatives.
This article will give relevant information about the various international organizations and their headquarters, and it will be useful for all competitive examinations.
1. The Commonwealth : It was originally known as The British Commonwealth of Nations. It is an association of sovereign and independent states which formally made of the British empire.
Members : 53
Headquarter : London.
2. Asian Development Bank : ( ADB ) :
Established : November 1989
Objective : To promote regional economic cooperation.
Headquarter : Manila
3. Group of 7 or G7 :
Established : Sept. 22 1985
Objective : To promote cooperation among major non-communist economic powers.
Members : France, Germany, Japan, UK, US, Canada and Italy
4. Group of 20 ( G20 ) :
Established : 1999
Objective : For cooperation and consultation on matters pertaining to the International Financial System.
Members : 20
5. International Olympic Committee ( IOC ) :
Established : June 23, 1894
Objective : To promote the Olympic ideas and administer Olympic games
Members : 105 active members, 32 honorary members.
Headquarter : Laussane, Switzerland.
6. South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation ( SAARC ) :
Established : Dec. 8, 1985
Objective : To promote economic , social and cultural cooperation
Members : Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Afghanistan.
Headquarter : Kathmandu
7. World Metrological Organization ( WMO ) :
Established : Oct. 11, 1947, Effective from April 4, 1951
Objective : Specialised UN Agency concerned with meterological cooperation
Members : 188.
Headquarter : Geneva.
8. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation ( NATO ) :
Established : April 4, 1949
Objective : Mutual defence and cooperation
Members : 29
Headquarter : Brussels
9 European Union :
Established : April 8, 1965. Effective on July 1, 1967
Objective : to create a United Europe in which member countries would have such strong economic and political bonds that war would cease to be a recurring fact.
Members : 27 ( after the exit of United Kingdom in2016 ).
Headquarter : Brussels ( Belgium ).
Got noble peace prize in 2012.
The euro is the official currency of the eurozone, which consists of 19 of the 27 member states of European Union : Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Solvenia and Spain.
10. International Red cross and Red crescent Movement :
Established : 1928
objective : To promote worldwide humanitarian aid
Headquarter : Geneva
- AAI Recruitment 2023 ! Apply Online for 596 Junior Executive Posts ! AAI Latest Notification 2023
- Field Supervisor Recruitment 2022 ! Salary : 30,000/- Per Month ! Total Posts : 82
- NRRI Walk-In-Interview 2022 ! Apply Senior Research Follow Posts ! Jobs in Cuttack
- BOB Business Correspondence Recruitment 2022 ! Salary – 15,000/- P .M ! Bank Jobs
- SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 ! Apply for 4500 DEO And LDC Posts ! SSC Latest Notification 2022
- Sundargarh Forest Division Recruitment 2022 ! Salary – 25,000 /- Per Month ! Odisha Govt Job
- OUAT SRF Recruitment 2022 ! Salary : 49,000/- Per Month ! Odisha Job Notification
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar Senior Consultant Recruitment 2022 ! Salary : 1 Lakh Month ! AIIMS BBSR
- BECIL Odisha Recruitment 2022 ! Apply for Analyst, Sample Collector Posts ! BECIL Notification 2022
- CIWA Odisha Recruitment 2022 ! Apply for 07 Young Professional Posts ! Odisha Job
- Bhubaneswar Project Associate Recruitment 2022 ! Salary : 42,000/- ! ILS Bhubaneswar Jobs
- Odisha Junior Nurse Recruitment 2022 ! Salary – 18,000/- Jobs in Odisha
- OSSC CGL 1267 Posts Recruitment 2022 ! OSSC Notification 2022 ! Apply Online for Auditor and Assistant Posts !
- Southern Railway Recruitment 2022 ! Salary Up to : 63,200 /- Per Month ! 12th Pass Apply
- Balasore District Court Recruitment 2022 ! Odisha Junior Clerk Vacancy ! Odisha Job